At Tree Tops Primary Academy we are committed to provide a full and efficient educational experience to all students and we recognise this can only be achieved by supporting and promoting excellent school attendance for all.
Excellent attendance and punctuality is fundamental to a productive and successful education and career. We therefore actively promote and encourage 100% attendance by all of our pupils.
Through our attendance policy we aim to:
- Raise pupils’ attainment and progress through high levels of attendance and punctuality.
- Achieve a minimum of 96% attendance for all pupils, apart from those with chronic health issues.
- Raise awareness for parents, carers and pupils of the importance of uninterrupted attendance and punctuality at every stage of a child’s education (It is a legal responsibility to ensure your child has good attendance).
- Work in partnership with parents, carers, pupils and the Education Welfare Services.
Responsibility of parents and carers:
Children who are persistently absent or late fall behind in their learning. Children who are frequently absent from school develop large gaps in their learning which will impact on their progress and their ability to meet age related learning expectations both now and in the future.
If your child’s attendance drops below 96% in any term you will receive communication from the attendance team, please refer to the ‘Attendance: Intervention Escalation Plan’ for further details.
It is the responsibility of the parent / carer to ensure that their child arrives at school on time. School starts at 8:45am and gates stay open until 9:00am, however it’s vital that pupils are in their classrooms by 9:00am, ready for registration and to actively participate in their learning. Any child that arrives after the completion of the registers at 9:00am could be marked as unauthorised absence.
It is the parent / carer’s responsibility:
- To notify the school every day their child is absent before 9:30am or as soon as possible by telephoning the school office on 01622 754888 or sending an email to email@example.com
- To ensure that as far as possible, medical appointments are arranged for outside of school hours. Where this is not possible, parents are expected to provide evidence of the appointment in advance and the children should attend school before / after the appointment.
Any child with attendance of 95% and over in each term will be entered into our Grand Prize draw in July in which £100 gift cards can be won.
Below are documents that outline our policy and strategies for attendance and punctuality: