Tree Tops Primary Academy aims to develop knowledgeable and inquiring pupils, who think globally and who are motivated to effect meaningful change. They demonstrate the IB Learner Profile attributes and they value the views and opinions of others, developing international mindedness and thinking critically about the world.
- A learning community where everyone feels valued and appreciated.
- A place with a warm, happy, calm and safe atmosphere where everyone enjoys learning and working together.
- Every class has learning and teaching at the heart of everything that it does.
- An ethos which celebrates achievement and recognises success. A place which has consistent high expectations for all and where progress is a focus for everyone.
At Tree Tops we have developed a values wheel, where keywords represent our school aims and help us achieve our outcomes.
All children and adults are part of a Values Team and the children have created values statements that represent who we are and what we stand for at Tree Tops.
The outcomes we strive for are that:
- children are confident and highly motivated with a good self-image, fully involved in the life of the school and central to decision-making.
- children think positively, and say, “I can…”
- every child can fulfil their potential and make excellent progress from starting points.
- children behave well, care and support each other.
- children can think for themselves, are open minded, have a love of learning and show initiative.
- lessons inspire every learner.
- children understand equality and are ready to make an important contribution as a citizen of the United Kingdom.
Our Mission Statement
All pupils are given every opportunity to develop to their full potential, intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, morally, socially and physically.
Every pupil is given equal opportunities, regardless of gender, nationality, race, ethnic origin, religious belief or disability; to share and to achieve is to succeed and make a positive contribution to their community and society.
We provide a broad and balanced curriculum, which includes the Foundation Stage, the National Curriculum and Religious Education; all the curriculum will be relevant and skilful teaching will respond to the needs of each pupil in the school.
Parents are kept fully informed of their child’s progress and are given opportunities and sufficient time to discuss issues regarding their child. We endeavour to work in partnership with parents at all times. We consider their opinion and value their help and support.